Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL resonance freq for rf coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am fairly new to the COMSOL software. For now, I am currently running a simple RF loop coil simulation in version 3.5 order to study EM fields. After creating an SBC region around my coil and then a PML around that, I proceeded to add in a lumped port in the coil (I added a 1 V voltage supply). Essentially, i wanted to scan at what frequency the impedance at this port will be at a maximum, which should indicate the coil's resonance frequency. I have done this with FDTD software in the past but not FEM. Is there any way to plot the impedance through the port as a function of this frequency? I hope it's not too obvious, but I just can't seem to find it. If not, is there any way to do this is version 4.0 of COMSOL? Currently I am using a parametric solver and have set a range of frequency to scan.

2 Replies Last Post 14 juil. 2010, 04:58 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 juil. 2010, 04:52 UTC−4
Hi

check the doc, there is an example in the 3.5, but as I'm on holidays I do not have eveything with me ;)
there are always afew places to look:
1) do an indexed search on the pdf files
2) check (search) the web Knowledge base , the model exchange/model library and the Forum

Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the doc, there is an example in the 3.5, but as I'm on holidays I do not have eveything with me ;) there are always afew places to look: 1) do an indexed search on the pdf files 2) check (search) the web Knowledge base , the model exchange/model library and the Forum Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 juil. 2010, 04:58 UTC−4
Unfortunately, I have been referring to a COMSOL tutorial pdfs/forums and the directions states the possibility of doing this graph, though it does not say how, which is why I made the original post. But I'll continue to look. Thank you.
Unfortunately, I have been referring to a COMSOL tutorial pdfs/forums and the directions states the possibility of doing this graph, though it does not say how, which is why I made the original post. But I'll continue to look. Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.