Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

start up crash

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I use 4.0 with students license on Windows 7 and have been experiencing the following problem for two days.

I start up the COMSOL desktop but as soon as the outline of the window appears the program crashes. The error log file says:

# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x1e632f05, pid=4016, tid=3608
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (11.3-b02 mixed mode windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C [flgraphics_swt_dx9.dll+0x12f05]
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

A week ago it was working fine, therefore I assume it has something to do with a recent Java RE update (also because the MATLAB LiveLink on the other hand works fine). I tried to reinstall older Java RE versions, but didn't help.

Does someone know the fix for this problem?

Thanks!

4 Replies Last Post 30 juil. 2010, 02:57 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 juil. 2010, 09:11 UTC−4
Maybe you can try changing the window manager of comsol (settings) to Swing and see if it works?

edit: well, I don't know how you can modify the settings in comsol in Windows without starting comsol. In Mac or Linux there is a startup file called /bin/comsol.
Maybe you can try changing the window manager of comsol (settings) to Swing and see if it works? edit: well, I don't know how you can modify the settings in comsol in Windows without starting comsol. In Mac or Linux there is a startup file called /bin/comsol.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 juil. 2010, 00:28 UTC−4
Hi, I also met the same problem with ubuntu and fedora system, could you tell me how to solve it?

Thanks!
Hi, I also met the same problem with ubuntu and fedora system, could you tell me how to solve it? Thanks!

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 juil. 2010, 01:47 UTC−4
Could you tell me how to change the manager to Swing in linux? Thanks very much.
Could you tell me how to change the manager to Swing in linux? Thanks very much.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 juil. 2010, 02:57 UTC−4

Look for this text inside the files: graphics.rendering.2drend
I can not tell you exactly, as I don't have currently access to my ubuntu server.

graphics.rendering.2drend=swt
[QUOTE] Could you tell me how to change the manager to Swing in linux? Thanks very much. [/QUOTE] Look for this text inside the files: graphics.rendering.2drend I can not tell you exactly, as I don't have currently access to my ubuntu server. graphics.rendering.2drend=swt

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.