Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Iterations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

My problem is a little bit hard to describe, but here goes.

I have an L-shaped channel (I have attached it) with the inlets being the boundaries on the bottom. I am describing an inlet velocity field of u(x) = k [IOP - P(x)], where IOP = 2000 Pa (roughly). I usually start with an initial guess of P(x) = 1200 (call this P1(x)) for example, and then I solve. After I have solved, I take the pressure field along the inlet, and use the interpolation function to create a new P(x) - this one is P2(x) (so my new P(x) is just the pressure field from the first P(x)).

I then repeat the step again, with P2(x) being used for the velocity inlet equation and so forth.

The problem is the method of which I am doing this. I am currently solving the problem, then exporting the data to a text file and then re-importing that again as a new function. Is there any way to get COMSOL to do these iterations manually? I only ask because I need to run a couple hundred iterations each time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Keshava

0 Replies Last Post 20 août 2010, 04:50 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Keshava Murthy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.