Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Utilisation of carbon/epoxi material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear,

I m beginner with comsol software.
I would like to simulate the behavior of composite material. In this way i would like to use the material carbon epoxy in the library.
But when i want selctionned it in the dialog box (bounderies F8) I can't selectionned it.
Must we defined a special reper?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

1 Reply Last Post 1 sept. 2010, 17:41 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 sept. 2010, 17:41 UTC−4
Hi

First in 3.5 or 4 ? For both if you have an anisotropic material, you need to tell comol to use the anisotropic approach (full tensor representation) and to usea material with an appropriate tensor notation for the stiffness.

Finally aou ust ensure that your coordinate is oriented correctly, linking the given material tensor coordinate to the domain shape corrdinates. But this is model dependent.

The exact procedure is slightly different in the two version, but the principle and approach is th same, check the doc and the examples

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi First in 3.5 or 4 ? For both if you have an anisotropic material, you need to tell comol to use the anisotropic approach (full tensor representation) and to usea material with an appropriate tensor notation for the stiffness. Finally aou ust ensure that your coordinate is oriented correctly, linking the given material tensor coordinate to the domain shape corrdinates. But this is model dependent. The exact procedure is slightly different in the two version, but the principle and approach is th same, check the doc and the examples -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.