Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric arc Furance in Comsol 3.5 Multiphysic

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello....

I am writing to you from Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia. I am a third course doctoral student whose doctoral thesis is titled „Electric arc furance with controllable liquid metal circulation”.
My work is focused on electromagnetic fields and their effects. Unfortunetly, I do not have previous experience in dealing with liquid metal dynamics. In my doctoral work I have to make a computer model of liquid metal movment due to effects of electromagentic field. I would need to make calculations of forces acting within molten metal in electric arc furnace ude to electromagnetic fields. For better understaning I have included send a simple picture of what forces I have in mind.
I already tried to solve this task, the program Comsol 3.5 Multiphysic. But when I open Quasi-StaticElectromagnetic environment then there is no analysis of the transient ? I have a 3-phase 50 Hz power supply up electrodes, The bottom electrodes are set as ground.
This means that I have a complex 3D task and would probably need Quasi-StaticElectromagnetic transient analysis ?. I tried also to Quasi-Static Electric transient environment, but there are no forces can be calculated, in Quasi-Static Magnetic transient environment also ?

Please tell me if you could help me with my topics or if you were not able to help me with the calculations ?. Is it posible to solve this problem in Comsol 3.5 multiphysic program ?

0 Replies Last Post 3 sept. 2010, 04:54 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Heigo Mõlder

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.