Photos from the COMSOL Conference 2019 Boston
We are excited to share photos with you from the COMSOL Conference 2019 Boston. Conference attendees and COMSOL team members alike were able to connect with and learn from each other, as well as engage in inspiring discussions and presentations. Get a quick summary of the event and browse through the photo slideshow below.
Highlights from This Year’s Conference in Boston
Hundreds of people attended the COMSOL Conference 2019 Boston. This year, we offered over 40 minicourses and workshops, including one of our most popular courses, a 3-part series on solvers. The program also included panel discussions with topics on acoustics, photonics research, bioengineering, and simulation applications. In between sessions, attendees were able to take advantage of the coffee breaks to discuss their ideas and questions with COMSOL staff and fellow engineers.
A view from a panel discussion at the COMSOL Conference 2019 Boston.
When it came time for the keynote presentations, attendees filled the entire room. Karen Thomas-Alyea gave a presentation on electrochemical systems modeling of batteries, as well as common pitfalls and fixes. Danick Gallant from the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) shared his work on corrosion-resistant automotive designs, as well as building simulation applications and deploying them via COMSOL Server™ and COMSOL Compiler™. Following, Sam Zhang of Analog Devices, Inc. showcased the challenges and development of navigation-grade inertial sensors. The audience was able to gain incredible insight from the work of these experts.
During the off-hours of the conference, attendees enjoyed a variety of social events. For instance, this year, we hopped aboard a one-hour cruise around the historical Boston Harbor to unwind, enjoy the breathtaking views of the Boston night skyline, and hear all about the city’s history from a professional guide.
Photo Slideshow from the COMSOL Conference 2019 Boston
- Kristian E. Jensen of COMSOL discusses upcoming features and functionality.
- Panelists discuss their photonics modeling work during the "Frontiers of Modeling in Photonics Research" panel.
- Daniel Smith of COMSOL gives a keynote talk on an upcoming COMSOL Multiphysics® release.
- Acoustics engineers discuss their work during the "Advances of Acoustics Simulations for Product Development" panel.
- Karen Thomas-Alyea of Lockheed Martin gives a keynote talk on battery modeling.
- Danick Gallant of the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) gives a keynote talk on corrosion, machine learning, and applications.
- Sam Zhang of Analog Devices, Inc. discusses the design of navigation-grade inertial sensors for autonomous vehicles during his keynote talk.
- Svante Littmarck of COMSOL awards Katie Gandomi of WPI with both a Best Paper award and Best Poster by Popular Vote award.
- The 2019 Best Paper and Best Poster award winners with COMSOL's founder and CEO Svante Littmarck.
- Panelists discuss the usage of simulation applications during the panel "Users’ Perspectives on Creating and Using Simulation Applications".
See You Next Year!
Thank you to all who attended the COMSOL Conference this year! We hope you enjoyed the event as much as we did.
Also, we’d like to extend a very special thank you to those who contributed to the success of the COMSOL Conference 2019 Boston, especially our gold sponsors AltaSim Technologies, CAEaid, Rescale, SmartUQ, System Insight Engineering, and Veryst Engineering.
We hope to see you next year for the COMSOL Conference 2020 Boston…
- COMSOL Now
- Today in Science