COMSOL is seeking an engineer to join its sales team in Bengaluru, Karnataka. As part of our team, you will use both your technical and interpersonal skills to help our customers understand how the COMSOL product line can address their needs. This position calls for a unique combination of engineering, business, sales and communication skills. We sell to many of the top engineering and scientific teams throughout India. The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand complex interdisciplinary technical issues and then, just as quickly, articulate a concise business case for how COMSOL can help the potential customer.
This is a small-office environment in a rapidly growing, diverse company. As such, you will be entrusted with a broad range of responsibilities, allowing for personal and professional growth – both in sales and in engineering. In addition to sales, this position offers an excellent opportunity to develop your technical career by exposing you to many of the latest developments of R&D and engineering.
- Expand sales of COMSOL Multiphysics software to engineers, managers, scientists, and academics
- Develop new and existing leads through phone calls and presentations
- Identify, nurture and develop potential sales accounts
- Create clear, simple pre-sales simulation examples to excite prospects and demonstrate our products
- Provide some pre- and post-sales technical support directly and through COMSOL’s support team
- Present COMSOL’s capabilities and its use at public seminars, customer-site presentations and professional conferences
- Some travel required (10-20%)
- Masters or Ph.D. in engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences
- Extensive experience with finite element analysis and/or similar PDE-solving methods. Previous experience with COMSOL Multiphysics is preferable, but not required
- Excellent time-management skills – balancing multiple demands from many prospects
- Positive, upbeat, outgoing personality. Business acumen
- Excellent communications skills, in person, on the phone and in writing. Strong public speaking skills
- Previous technical sales experience is preferable, but not required
- Challenging problems in designing state-of-the-art engineering tools.
- Highly creative and qualified teams.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- Countless opportunities to make a difference.
- Casual atmosphere in a spacious office.
COMSOL provides software solutions for multiphysics modeling. We are a fast growing high tech engineering software company with a proven track record and a vision as a future leader of the industry. The company was founded in July 1986 in Stockholm Sweden. We have grown to include offices in USA, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, and India.
||Technical Sales Engineer
indicates required field
Cover Letter and Resume