As part of our continued growth and sustained vision to be a leader in our sector, COMSOL is seeking a full-time Academic Sales Engineers to join our Cambridge based team and help drive continued growth of our UK business. The COMSOL Multiphysics® software is used by scientists and engineers worldwide, to solve physical problems in their research, design, and development work.
You will be responsible for growing COMSOL’s revenue from both new and existing accounts within a defined territory, for academic institutes in the UK and Ireland. This challenging role will require you to balance a range of responsibilities including lead qualification, account development, presenting the COMSOL solution, and researching sources for new leads and prospective customers. You will be part of a sales team that is supported by a talented team of applications and marketing specialists.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to combine your technical and people skills to help our customers understand how the COMSOL product line can assist academics in their research projects and teaching programs. The challenge of selling to a wide range of academic researcher team whose research activities cover a wide span of engineering and scientific disciplines will call on your technical curiosity and commercial acumen, as well as your strong listening and communication skills.
- Actively identify, develop and expand the sales of COMSOL’s existing and new range of Multiphysics software to academic institutes and research labs within the UK & Ireland
- Develop new leads and maintain regular contact with existing customers through phone calls, onsite presentations, and public workshops
- Create and deliver presentations with the support of the technical team at public seminars, customer-sites and professional conferences
- Achieve personal sales targets for the nominated accounts
- Work closely with other members of the academic sales team and the Academic Account Manager.
- Work closely with technical team at both pre and post sales stages to provide technical support to potential customers
- To process all sales opportunities in CRM system and to qualify them accordingly
- To document all account activities in CRM system
- To ensure that all opportunity profiles are always up to date in the CRM system to capture and progress all opportunities, and to provide accurate sales forecasts
- To organize and facilitate onsite meetings and public workshops as required
- Some travel required
- Graduate ideally with a Bachelor or Masters in engineering, physical sciences, life sciences (or a related discipline) but not essential
- Positive, professional and confident communicator both in-person and on the phone, with concise writing skills
- Strong time-management skills, with the ability to balance multiple demands from a high volume of prospects as well as team members
- An understanding of the business challenges and technical issues clients face in the engineering and scientific sectors
- Excellent communications skills in person, on the phone and in writing. Strong public speaking skills
- Determination and a consultative approach to progressing and closing sales sometimes in a competitive sales situation
- Some experience with computer modelling, FEA analysis or computational physics would be advantageous but is not essential
- Previous technical sales experience is preferable, but not required
- Eligible to work in the UK.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Good prospects for career progression
- Professional and personal development in a fast growing high-tech software company
- Opportunity to resolve challenging technical problems using state-of-the-art engineering tools
- Work with creative and qualified team members in Cambridge and other international offices
- Casual atmosphere in modern offices with private individual work spaces, meeting rooms, relaxing communal areas, parking and modern café facilities.
||Academic Sales Engineer
||Cambridge, United Kingdom
indicates required field
Cover Letter and Resume