If you want to learn how to use COMSOL Multiphysics software to model acoustics and vibration phenomena, this is the course for you. The Acoustics and Vibrations Analysis course will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to the Acoustics Module, an add-on to COMSOL Multiphysics. During the 1-day course, you will learn how to use the appropriate interfaces and boundary conditions to model acoustic wave generation, propagation, reflection, transmission, scattering, and absorption in different types of media, including fluid, solid, porous, piezoelectric devices, and pipe systems.
As part of the training, we will demonstrate simulations of both fluid and elastic waves with couplings between pressure acoustics, structural mechanics, and piezoelectricity in addition to the frequency characteristics of an acoustic system. We will also cover modal, frequency-response, and transient simulations, as well as more advanced topics, such as nondestructive testing, aeroacoustics, thermoacoustics, and nonlinear acoustics. Along with the Acoustics Module, you will get to use the Structural Mechanics Module and Pipe Flow Module during this training course.
- Acoustic wave propagation in fluid
- Acoustic waves generated by elastic vibrations
- Acoustic-structure interaction
- Acoustic wave propagation in porous media
- Acoustic wave propagation in pipe systems
- Acoustic phenomena in small devices
- Piezoelectric devices
- Frequency response of acoustic systems
- Nondestructive testing (NDT)
- Perfectly matched layers (PMLs) for optimal modeling of infinite domains
- Essentials for wave simulation in COMSOL Multiphysics
This course assumes some familiarity with the basic concepts of acoustics and structural dynamics. We strongly recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics take the COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 1-day course is $695.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $395.
- A discounted group rate of $1,695 is offered for three attendees from the same commercial institution registering for this course. This discount may not be combined with any other offer.
- Commercial registrants who sign up for 3 or more consecutive days of training will qualify for 20% off their course fee. This discount may not be combined with any other offer.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to: