As a computational modeling specialist, you may be producing models and simulations for coworkers or customers who are not experts in using simulation software. They may even repeatedly request simple changes from you so they can study the different results. Instead of continuing to make repetitive design changes for your colleagues, you can wrap your validated models in a user-friendly interface — an application, or app — and distribute that version to them.
This is all possible when you turn your models into apps with the Application Builder in COMSOL Multiphysics and deploy them to colleagues and customers who are not COMSOL Multiphysics users via the COMSOL Multiphysics software.
If you want to learn how to turn your validated COMSOL Multiphysics models into apps where you can restrict the inputs and control the outputs that the app user sees, this is the training course for you. During the course, you will learn how to build custom apps using the Application Builder in COMSOL Multiphysics. We will begin with an introduction to applications and show you how to set up simple apps with the Form Wizard tool. Then, we will progress to more advanced techniques: first adding customized form objects with the Form Editor and then customizing these even further via the Method Editor. By the end of the Application Builder course, you will know how to design and program apps that can do more than your conventional COMSOL Multiphysics models can and that are easy to use by people without simulation expertise.
We will cover the following topics:
- Using the Form Wizard to create apps with buttons, input fields, numerical outputs, and graphics
- Safe inputs and outputs
- Password-protecting apps
- Managing multiple forms
- Using form objects such as check boxes, radio buttons, combo boxes, and sliders
- Creating simulation apps with selections and tables
- Importing CAD data
- Inserting images into forms
- Converting command sequences into methods
- Automatic code generation
We strongly recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics take the COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training course prior to attending this course.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 1-day course is $695.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $395.
- A discounted group rate of $1,695 is offered for three attendees from the same commercial institution registering for this course. This discount may not be combined with any other offer.
- Commercial registrants who sign up for 3 or more consecutive days of training will qualify for 20% off their course fee. This discount may not be combined with any other offer.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to:
Register for Application Builder
This event has ended. Visit the event calendar to view upcoming events.