If you are looking to learn how to model microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) with COMSOL Multiphysics software, this is the course for you. During the 1-day MEMS course, we will show you how to use the built-in physics interfaces of COMSOL Multiphysics and the add-on MEMS Module.
By the end of the course, you will know how to build models for a range of MEMS devices, including electrostatically actuated resonators, accelerometers, piezoelectric devices, and thermal actuators. We will also teach you about coupling physics phenomena related to mechanical, electrical, thermal, and fluid effects required for modeling a MEMS device. Additionally, we will discuss important concepts in MEMS devices such as damping, frequency-response analysis, and modeling electromechanical forces.
- Structural mechanics:
- Small-strain linear elastic, geometric nonlinear, frequency-response, eigenvalue, and biased analyses
- Structural damping:
- Thin film damping
- Rayleigh damping
- The coupling of electrostatics and solid mechanics to compute the deformation of electrostatically actuated structures
- Piezoelectric devices:
- Devices that deform structurally under an applied electric field
- Linear and frequency-response analyses
- Joule heating and thermal expansion
This course assumes some familiarity with the basics of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). We strongly recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics take the COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 1-day course is $695.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $495.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to:
Register for MEMS
This event has ended. Visit the event calendar to view upcoming events.