If you want to learn how to perform structural analyses in the COMSOL Multiphysics environment, this is the course for you During the 1-day course, we will introduce you to the structural mechanics modeling functionality in COMSOL Multiphysics and the Structural Mechanics Module and Nonlinear Structural Materials Module.
To teach this course, we will combine technical lecture with guided and self-paced hands-on sessions to cover topics including static, transient, and frequency-response analysis in linear elastic structures. We will discuss instability analysis such as buckling and postbuckling and present approximate modeling techniques using shells, beams, and trusses. Next, we will delve into nonlinear structural mechanics to address topics such as geometric nonlinearity for modeling large deformation and rotation, nonlinear material behavior, and analysis of contact and friction between surfaces.
- Linear elastic analysis: Static, transient, modal, and frequency response
- Thermal expansion
- Structural shells, beams, and trusses
- Linear buckling and postbuckling
- Geometric nonlinearity and large deformation
- Nonlinear material models, including plastic, hyperelastic, viscoelastic, creep, and viscoplastic materials
- Contact and friction between structural surfaces
This course assumes a mechanical engineering background and familiarity with the concepts of structural mechanics. We strongly recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics take the COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 1-day course is $695.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $495.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to:
Register for Structural Mechanics
This event has ended. Visit the event calendar to view upcoming events.