Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL 3.5 PML

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

how to get the confinement loss of a fiber using cylindrical PML using comsol 3.5 ?

3 Replies Last Post 12 sept. 2011, 11:01 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jami Joss

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 nov. 2009, 10:25 UTC−5
The confinement loss, of the fundamental mode has been computed from the imaginary part of the complex effective index, neff using :

Confinement loss= 40*pi/ (ln(10)*lambda) * Im(neff) dB/m
The confinement loss, of the fundamental mode has been computed from the imaginary part of the complex effective index, neff using : Confinement loss= 40*pi/ (ln(10)*lambda) * Im(neff) dB/m

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 sept. 2011, 21:47 UTC−4
Hello

After running my program for photonic crystal fiber, I am getting only real part of refractive index, how can I get this imaginary part of refractive index? I have designed a circular PML for my model. Would you please help me to identify my problem?

Thanks in advanced

Anwar

The confinement loss, of the fundamental mode has been computed from the imaginary part of the complex effective index, neff using :

Confinement loss= 40*pi/ (ln(10)*lambda) * Im(neff) dB/m

Hello After running my program for photonic crystal fiber, I am getting only real part of refractive index, how can I get this imaginary part of refractive index? I have designed a circular PML for my model. Would you please help me to identify my problem? Thanks in advanced Anwar [QUOTE] The confinement loss, of the fundamental mode has been computed from the imaginary part of the complex effective index, neff using : Confinement loss= 40*pi/ (ln(10)*lambda) * Im(neff) dB/m [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 sept. 2011, 11:01 UTC−4
Would you please give a reference of your equation??
Would you please give a reference of your equation??

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.