Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

duplicate variable name when add moving mesh (Ale)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working on transport phenomena (heat and mass transfer). Besides, I also have size change problem so I add moving mesh (Ale) to my model. But the problem is when I add moving mesh, I will get the same error that there are duplicate variable (Z). I do not know why...z is the direct variable. Is there anyone can help? Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Xin

2 Replies Last Post 19 sept. 2015, 08:26 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 oct. 2009, 18:11 UTC−4
Hi

normally lowwer case x,y,z are the coordinate defined variabled, whileupes X,Y,Z are the ALE reference for the frames. Are you sure you do not use Z somewhere else.
Check in the model tre, under "geom" the coordinate variables, and under the "physics" the dependent variable names

Good luck
Hi normally lowwer case x,y,z are the coordinate defined variabled, whileupes X,Y,Z are the ALE reference for the frames. Are you sure you do not use Z somewhere else. Check in the model tre, under "geom" the coordinate variables, and under the "physics" the dependent variable names Good luck

Posted: 9 years ago 19 sept. 2015, 08:26 UTC−4
Hi Ivar,

I am dealing with a similar model with XinJin. I simulate the mass transport and flow of a binary liquid mixture, as well as a moving mesh. But the mass fraction of one specie is over 1 while the other's is less than zero. Do you have any idea about what makes this happen? Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance!

Yuhong
Hi Ivar, I am dealing with a similar model with XinJin. I simulate the mass transport and flow of a binary liquid mixture, as well as a moving mesh. But the mass fraction of one specie is over 1 while the other's is less than zero. Do you have any idea about what makes this happen? Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance! Yuhong

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.