Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

changing temperature scale

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody, I'm creating a thermal model and I need to change the range of temperature scale of the solution, for exemple not from 0K to 1500K but from 300K to 1500K. I want do do this to obtain a better resolution of the colours in my image of the solution. iS IT POSSIBLE TO DO? AND HOW?
I thank you in advance,
Francesca

3 Replies Last Post 4 oct. 2011, 14:06 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 oct. 2009, 18:06 UTC−4
Hi Francesca,

In the Postprocessing PLOT Paraeters "specificplot" tab, you have the "Range" button to define the manual or auto ranges form the color plot values, once plotted you have also leged and grid functions in the plot menus (specially useful for 1D plots) lower down you can also change the color scheme ec.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Francesca, In the Postprocessing PLOT Paraeters "specificplot" tab, you have the "Range" button to define the manual or auto ranges form the color plot values, once plotted you have also leged and grid functions in the plot menus (specially useful for 1D plots) lower down you can also change the color scheme ec. Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 oct. 2011, 10:48 UTC−4
How to do that in 4.2?
How to do that in 4.2?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 oct. 2011, 14:06 UTC−4
Hi
Open up the sub tabs, not all are open by default, and do not hesitate to rightclick on all nodes, new features add up depending on previous choices, or physics added

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Open up the sub tabs, not all are open by default, and do not hesitate to rightclick on all nodes, new features add up depending on previous choices, or physics added -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.