Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining an inhomogeneous material as a function of the electric field in a previous simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm simulating a structure with a 3rd order nonlinearity in the permittivity. In my first simulation, I've assumed that the nonlinear structure has a permittivity dependence on the local electric field. As a sanity check, in a second simulation, I want to define this structure to be linear and have an inhomogeneous permittivity which is a function of the local electric field in my first simulation. Any ideas how I can define an inhomogeneous material which has a local permittivity equal to a function of my first simulation?

1 Reply Last Post 22 sept. 2017, 14:43 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 22 sept. 2017, 14:43 UTC−4

Problem solved! All I have to do is to define a second emw physics and also a second study which uses the results of the first study as input.

Problem solved! All I have to do is to define a second emw physics and also a second study which uses the results of the first study as input.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.