Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[comsol 3.5a]3D capacitance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to all
I Have developed a 2D model that displays the capacitance variation of 4 bodies (plates) that surrounded a moving mass. To make possible this analysis i used structural, moving mesh ALE and electrostatic physics.
I had no too much trouble.
Now I would develop the same model but in 3D, I tried to use the same physics but i had out of memory problems.
So i developed another model using only solid stress and strain, like in pressure sensor model (pp171 memsmodlib) and i try to find capacitance variation with the boundary integration of the following expression C=epsilon/(u0+u). I found this variation but this is only the moving body variation, i would find the four plate variation connected eith mass movement, but i don't find the way. Someone could help me?

Thank you in advance
Luca

0 Replies Last Post 10 nov. 2009, 12:02 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Luca Ferrario

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.