Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cut point 3D in the material frame

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

There was a thread dated to 3 years ago about a cut point 3d which could not be attached to the material. I had the same issue when I was to plot the deformation of a specific point in an FSI simulation done in 5.2a.

The problem is that when you define a 3d cut point in a deforming solid, it will give you the result as long as the cut point is with in the solid domain. When the deformation is large enough that the cutpoint is not in the solid domain, the results would not be reported by Comsol.

As not a clear solution was proposed in the thread, I'd like to share that how you can make your 3D thread is attached to the material point.

The solution is that you need to define a new Base Date Set (Results>More Date Sets>Based Data Sets>Solution) and then select Material(X,Y,Z) as the frame. After that, you need to select this data set when are defining your 3D Cutpoint. By doing this you can be sure that the cutpoint will stay in the solid domain.

I hope it helps.

Best Hamed

0 Replies Last Post 7 avr. 2018, 02:40 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hamed Keramati

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.