Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extrude problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

When I extrude a sinusoidal curve, I receive a jagged one with extra boundaries I don’t know how to get rid of them. I've also tried to change relative and absolute tolerances but there is no change yet. Could you please help me? I've attached two pictures for better understanding.

Many thanks

2 Replies Last Post 30 avr. 2018, 08:00 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 30 avr. 2018, 00:36 UTC−4

I've seen figures like that before. I think you are simply seeing graphic artifacts. Try meshing the surface -- you might find that the jaggedness disappears (except for the usual mesh discreteness). Also, consider changing the graphics quality/resolution display settings under Preferences. You probably have it set at normal. Change it to fine, and take another look.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I've seen figures like that before. I think you are simply seeing graphic artifacts. Try meshing the surface -- you might find that the jaggedness disappears (except for the usual mesh discreteness). Also, consider changing the graphics quality/resolution display settings under Preferences. You probably have it set at normal. Change it to fine, and take another look.

Posted: 6 years ago 30 avr. 2018, 08:00 UTC−4

Dear Robert,

After meshing I cannot see any change yet. I've also changed the quality from normal to fine. What else do you suggest?

Kind regards

Dear Robert, After meshing I cannot see any change yet. I've also changed the quality from normal to fine. What else do you suggest? Kind regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.