Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Phase Change Mass Conservation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am working on a simulation involving phase change of fluid flow from water to steam. The goal is to start with an inlet flow of liquid water, have a heat flux input, and end with an outlet flow of steam. I started with a more complicated model and got inconsistent results, so I simplified the model (attached) to just have a rectangle with 1 inlet and 1 outlet. However, even with the simplified model, I noticed that the inlet and outlet massflows are off by 3 orders of magnitude. I have tried the common techniques (refining mesh size, etc.), but these have not worked. I was wondering if there is anything fundamentally wrong with my model or if anyone else is facing this issue.

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 20 juil. 2018, 12:22 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shomik Verma

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.