Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to take into consideration shear waves

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, Please help me.

In acoustics module, how do we specify that specific domains are solid. In order to take into consideration the shear waves. I am using pressure acoustics, frequency domain physics, like the tutorial ''ultrasound induced heating''.

Thanks in advance,

Nesma

2 Replies Last Post 13 déc. 2018, 09:52 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nesma El Sayed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 5 years ago 13 déc. 2018, 09:45 UTC−5

Hi, Nesma El Sayed This problem has also been bothering me. I have not observed shear waves in the time domain signals I extracted. If you know how to solve this problem, wish you share it with me.

Thank you!

Dan

Hi, Nesma El Sayed This problem has also been bothering me. I have not observed shear waves in the time domain signals I extracted. If you know how to solve this problem, wish you share it with me. Thank you! Dan

Posted: 5 years ago 13 déc. 2018, 09:52 UTC−5

Hi Dan,

I figured out that you need to couple solid mechanics with pressure acoustics and use the built-in multiphysics feature acoustic-structure. Then you will see how the pressure wave will transform into elastic wave in the solid domain. I have done this study in the frequency domain.

I don't know if this help you but tell me if you have other questions

Nesma

Hi Dan, I figured out that you need to couple solid mechanics with pressure acoustics and use the built-in multiphysics feature acoustic-structure. Then you will see how the pressure wave will transform into elastic wave in the solid domain. I have done this study in the frequency domain. I don't know if this help you but tell me if you have other questions Nesma

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.