Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Force&Torque Analysis Between Permanent Magnets and Motion Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello colleagues.

I work with magnetic field based robotic system and currently using COMSOL for magnetic field simulation regarding permanent magnet and coils. Now I am looking for sort of advanced simulation which includes Magnet's Motion.

I would like to build a simulation of permanent magnet which is located in certain known magnetic field so that I can find how the permanent magnet is going to be aligned. In other words, the variable I control is direction of magnetic field and the desired out put is how the magnet is moved geometrically.

It can be thought simple like, 'Magnet would align along the field and you can take the field angle as a magnet alignement angle', however, it is not going to be that easy when it comes to placing several, mutually interacting permanent magnets(some are fixed and some are freely rolls) inside a region of interset with magnetic field.

Would there be any kind recommedation for selecting Physics or Study in Comsol for this simulation?

Thank you.

Jason

0 Replies Last Post 20 nov. 2018, 05:07 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jason Kim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.