Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Radiative heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to study the heating effect of laser beam on a sample whose absorption coefficient at a specific wavelength is known. How to specify the heat flux (W/m2) BCs in terms incident radiation flux (W/m^2).

Thanks,
-Sim

2 Replies Last Post 14 déc. 2009, 02:25 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 déc. 2009, 23:27 UTC−5
I don't quite understand your question. You may get some clue from the example,'Heating with a Moving Laser' given in Multiphysics COMSOL model library.

Regards,
Banyal
I don't quite understand your question. You may get some clue from the example,'Heating with a Moving Laser' given in Multiphysics COMSOL model library. Regards, Banyal

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 déc. 2009, 02:25 UTC−5
That is fine. But is there a way to specify the radiation absorption that eventually goes in heating the sample. I mean someway of coupling the heat source Q with input radiation flux?

-Sim
That is fine. But is there a way to specify the radiation absorption that eventually goes in heating the sample. I mean someway of coupling the heat source Q with input radiation flux? -Sim

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.