Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Applying transient electric field to a fluid dynamic simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently attempting to simulate a droplet of conductive fluid moving through an electrical field. The droplet is moving correctly over time, however from what I can tell the electrical simulation is doing a time dependant simulation of the geometrys initial condition, and does not adapt when the droplet deforms. I have tried to add the deformed geometry physics, and the moving mesh physics but neither of these have adjusted the simulation.

What would be the best way of making these two physics work together? Any help would be greatly appriciated

0 Replies Last Post 11 janv. 2019, 07:03 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jonathon Peasley

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.