Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define my own 1-D stress-strain relationship?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

A line is divided into several elements. Each element obeys the same 1-D stress-strain relationship. Deformation of one element is derived from the strain calculated which is dependent on the stress applied on the element. The stress is related to paramter values for other elements. What's more, the strain of this element affects paramter values for other elements. THerefore, this is a very complex coupled analysis. I doubt, in Comsol, if this kind of highly coupled problem can be solved?

Thanks a lot for your kindness.

Roger

1 Reply Last Post 27 déc. 2009, 04:52 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 déc. 2009, 04:52 UTC−5
Hi

Well from the moment you can express your material behaviour as PDE's you can plug it into COMSOL, but you need to express it correctly, and sort all your variables, from how I read you, you have still some work to do there.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Well from the moment you can express your material behaviour as PDE's you can plug it into COMSOL, but you need to express it correctly, and sort all your variables, from how I read you, you have still some work to do there. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.