Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

interfacing comsol 3.5a with matlab 2007b

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to interface Matlab 2007b with Comsol 3.5a. The path is correct in comsol.opts, the machine is win xp (32 bit).

Comsol alone is working fine but nothing happens when i try to start Comsol Matlab. I updated the Comsol (update from the Comsol website).

Any other suggestions from anyone.

Thanks for any help.

Best Regards,
Mranal

1 Reply Last Post 25 déc. 2009, 05:01 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 déc. 2009, 05:01 UTC−5
Hi

I know two ways to start "Matlab - Comsol", one is within the GUI "File - Client Server Matlab - matlab" ,

the other is the command:

>> comsol matlab -np1 -tempdir c:/temp

or whatever you use as tempdir and number of processors

the command way requires then that you type >> COMSOL in the matlab window.

For some reasons only the command line approach works for us, not via the GUI, but as this works we have never tried to debug the other way, I hoipe V4 is coming oon anyhow, will have to change a lot then and would probably not want to return back to 3.5.

If still not OK, then its a question of the installation file and the Path, the programmes need to echange dll and links to run together

Hope this can help
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I know two ways to start "Matlab - Comsol", one is within the GUI "File - Client Server Matlab - matlab" , the other is the command: >> comsol matlab -np1 -tempdir c:/temp or whatever you use as tempdir and number of processors the command way requires then that you type >> COMSOL in the matlab window. For some reasons only the command line approach works for us, not via the GUI, but as this works we have never tried to debug the other way, I hoipe V4 is coming oon anyhow, will have to change a lot then and would probably not want to return back to 3.5. If still not OK, then its a question of the installation file and the Path, the programmes need to echange dll and links to run together Hope this can help Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.