Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Light propagation in waveguide

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can we simulate light propagation in plane tiO2/SiO2 waveguide on silicon substrate? Please help regarding the problem. Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 26 mai 2019, 02:13 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago 20 mai 2019, 16:18 UTC−4
Updated: 5 years ago 20 mai 2019, 16:18 UTC−4

Why not? As long as you know and can specify the optical properties of the material, the details of the geometry, and have at least some idea about your light waves and how you want to launch them, then this would seem to be a suitable problem for Comsol Multiphysics. I suggest you go ahead and build a model and see if it works as you hope/expect. If not, and if you can't figure out why not, then post your model here and ask for help.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Why not? As long as you know and can specify the optical properties of the material, the details of the geometry, and have at least some idea about your light waves and how you want to launch them, then this would seem to be a suitable problem for Comsol Multiphysics. I suggest you go ahead and build a model and see if it works as you hope/expect. If not, and if you can't figure out why not, then post your model here and ask for help.

Posted: 5 years ago 26 mai 2019, 02:13 UTC−4

Thank you for your response. Can you share any example related to this, beacuse i am very beginner on it. or can you share with me your gmail account I will contact on it. Best Regards Abdur-Rehman

*Thank you for your response. Can you share any example related to this, beacuse i am very beginner on it. or can you share with me your gmail account I will contact on it. Best Regards Abdur-Rehman*

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.