Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Interpolation function with cylindrical coordinates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone! I am trying to implement a Custom surface charge on a cylinder in my comsol Model. I'm having a file with cylindrical coordinates %r ,%phi,%a and a Value which is giving the charge and I am trying to Import it but i can't find a working method. (So it would be 3 arguments and Function with position 1)

I deselected "use spatial coordinates as arguments" and under Units i put the Arguments m,deg,m and Function C/m^2 I made a cylindrical coordinate system (sys2) but I cant find out how to use the sys2.r,sys2.phi,sys2.a instead of the x,y,z... so if i plot the interpolated data it is always interpreted as cartesian coordinates instead of cylindrical..

Please help me!! Thanks in advance!

1 Reply Last Post 14 août 2019, 16:20 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 14 août 2019, 16:20 UTC−4
Updated: 5 years ago 14 août 2019, 16:12 UTC−4

As far as I understand the issue you need to allow using spatial coordinates as arguments. If you then apply the function to a boundary condition in cylindrical coordinates it should work. You have to use the function then without arguments. Check the help too!

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
As far as I understand the issue you need to allow using spatial coordinates as arguments. If you then apply the function to a boundary condition in cylindrical coordinates it should work. You have to use the function then without arguments. Check the help too! Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.