Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermoelastic effect: laser generated acoustic waves

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm new to COMSOL. I'm trying to simulate the laser excited acoustic waves in a simple system of thin (5um) film of Copper on top of the thick (500um) Silicon substrate. I managed to defined the structure and the materials but I struggle with the rest (for details please check the attachment). Physics: For physics the couple equation system of thermal diffusion and elastic wave equation should be solved. So for that purpose I added three physics packages: -thermal sress -acoustic solid interactions transient -laser heating. However, Im not sure if the three are needed. My questions are: 1. How to define the coupling between two equations? 2. Where I can define the shape of the laser beam and give their parameters? 3. Why I need Solid Mechanics 1 and Solid Mechanics 2? (the same case with the heat transfer)

Thank you, Piotr

0 Replies Last Post 1 oct. 2019, 04:29 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello P K

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.