Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to study the dynamic fluid effects on an acoustic wave?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all.. I need to study the effect of dynamic fluid on acoustic wave propagation using Comsol 5.4. I don't know exactly which interface of the software to be used. Can someone please help me with this problem. If possible please attach the related file too. Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 17 déc. 2019, 11:04 UTC−5
Niklas Rom COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago 17 déc. 2019, 09:42 UTC−5
Updated: 4 years ago 17 déc. 2019, 09:43 UTC−5

In the model wizard, choose one of the physics interfaces under Acoustics->Aeroacoustics.

In the model wizard, choose one of the physics interfaces under Acoustics->Aeroacoustics.

Posted: 4 years ago 17 déc. 2019, 11:04 UTC−5

Thank you sir. But I already tried modelling with all the intefaces provided in Aeroacoustics branch. I'm not able to provide an external acoustic source in any of those interfaces. I need to provide a monopole point source in a dynamic fluid domain(water) and find the variation in acoustic pressure due to the effect of flow. I would really appreciate the help. I've been stuck with this problem over a month.

Thank you.

>In the model wizard, choose one of the physics interfaces under Acoustics->Aeroacoustics. Thank you sir. But I already tried modelling with all the intefaces provided in Aeroacoustics branch. I'm not able to provide an external acoustic source in any of those interfaces. I need to provide a monopole point source in a dynamic fluid domain(water) and find the variation in acoustic pressure due to the effect of flow. I would really appreciate the help. I've been stuck with this problem over a month. Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.