Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling 1 MHz RF Ar Plasma Jet by Plasma Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone I wanna model a simple Ar plasma jet with sinosuidal voltage .The frequency of the voltage is 1MHz and the pick to pick voltage is 2 kV . I have made a simple model by plasma and laminar flow module but the problem is that the computation process rate is very very slow . For example, I set the time dependent period to solve the problem for 10e-4 second period and it last for 2 weeks to end the computation.

The time period which I set in "Time dependent study" is 1 second . By this computation rate my model will be solved after years .

The memory which comsol uses to solve my model is about 4 Gigbytes and my system's memory is 64 Gigabytes ; obvously that is not an issue . Can anyone help me please ?

1 Reply Last Post 11 août 2020, 04:44 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohammad Sobhani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 11 août 2020, 04:44 UTC−4

Hi, Mohammad Maybe you should rebuild the mesh and see what you get. And you have the frequency of the voltage is 1MHz and it makes sense to set the time dependent period to solve the problem for 10e-4 second period (half of a one period)

Hi, Mohammad Maybe you should rebuild the mesh and see what you get. And you have the frequency of the voltage is 1MHz and it makes sense to set the time dependent period to solve the problem for 10e-4 second period (half of a one period)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.