Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 5.5 Memory problem -- with enough RAM about 512G

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

[start here] Hello everyone, I have a really nice machine in the lab with windows 10 server. I have Comsol version 5.5 installed. I am trying to run an CFD module computation, where I am trying to create a fine mesh.

But I find that though my computer has 512GB of RAM,when i am trying to create a fine msh ,the comsol only uses 2GB at the beginning,after an hour it just rase to 10GB. Also,I have a 96 core CPU.

Coule anyone please explain to me if there is a way to overcome this problem. did anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Last Post 18 août 2020, 23:03 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 13 août 2020, 11:23 UTC−4

Could it be that your model doesn't need any more memory than 10GB?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara

Posted: 4 years ago 17 août 2020, 05:20 UTC−4

Thank you for your reply. But my model have 10 million mesh,generally speaking 10GB is not enough.
>Could it be that your model doesn't need any more memory than 10GB? Thank you for your reply. But my model have 10 million mesh,generally speaking 10GB is not enough.

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 18 août 2020, 23:03 UTC−4

What solver are you using? What is the discretization (linear, quadratic, etc.) of your elements? What is the dimension of your probem? (2D? 3D?) Finally, I encourage you to post your model to the forum so that others here can study it.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
What solver are you using? What is the discretization (linear, quadratic, etc.) of your elements? What is the dimension of your probem? (2D? 3D?) Finally, I encourage you to post your model to the forum so that others here can study it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.