Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Opening COMSOL model file on different versions.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone

I have huge problem with my model in COMSOL 4.3. I get some model but in later version and my 4.3 can`t open it. Is there some way to open this model on my older version. This simulation case is very important for me.

Best regard Rafał

2 Replies Last Post 13 avr. 2021, 13:59 UTC+2

Posted: 3 years ago 13 avr. 2021, 13:22 UTC+2
Updated: 3 years ago 13 avr. 2021, 13:22 UTC+2

Hi Rafał,

COMSOL models are not backward compatible. You cannot open a model, created in a later version, using an earlier version. Regards!

Hi Rafał, COMSOL models are not backward compatible. You cannot open a model, created in a later version, using an earlier version. Regards!

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 13 avr. 2021, 13:59 UTC+2
Updated: 3 years ago 13 avr. 2021, 14:01 UTC+2

In principle, you can never expect to open an .mph file in an older version.

There may, however, be some possibilites to save the day by using Java export and import. See the discussion in https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/163681/save-a-model-as-older-version

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
In principle, you can never expect to open an .mph file in an older version. There may, however, be some possibilites to save the day by using Java export and import. See the discussion in

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.