Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inductor modeling

Mostafa Babaeimirarkolaei

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone I'm trying to simulate an 3-D inductor following the model proposed by the library in Comsol. Since I have a triangular wave I use interpolation to form my signal and I used probe in definition to check the losses of core and gap, but I don't know why they are way lower than my calculated ones. I was suspect that my interpolation might be wrong so I used electrical circuit physics to connect the windings to a circuit and excite it with using ac source current, again the result was not satisfying. I wonder if there a problem either with my injected signal or way of measuring the losses as I couldn't get it right in frequency domain study. Please guid me on this sissue.

1 Reply Last Post 17 mai 2021, 11:12 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 17 mai 2021, 11:12 UTC−4

There are countless ways that errors can arise variously in the preparation, execution, and interpretation of Comsol models. The best guidance I can offer you is to suggest that you post your models (.mph files) to this forum, ideally along with image captures showing what settings and what results are driving your concerns.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
There are countless ways that errors can arise variously in the preparation, execution, and interpretation of Comsol models. The best guidance I can offer you is to suggest that you post your models (.mph files) to this forum, ideally along with image captures showing what settings and what results are driving your concerns.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.