Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Auto Creation Of M-files

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Whenever I save a COMSOL model a MATLAB M-file is automatically created in the same directory with the same name but with "_history" added to the end. Does anyone know how to stop this or is it required for COMSOL to run?

Thanks,

John

3 Replies Last Post 8 oct. 2014, 09:48 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 août 2009, 15:50 UTC−4
Hi John,

well the "history file is (my/the) best learning tool for the internals and scripting of COMSOL so I use it often, and it has its sense.

You have otherwise a select possibility in Options - Preferences - Modelling - "Save Model History file", try to unselect that one.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi John, well the "history file is (my/the) best learning tool for the internals and scripting of COMSOL so I use it often, and it has its sense. You have otherwise a select possibility in Options - Preferences - Modelling - "Save Model History file", try to unselect that one. Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 août 2009, 11:39 UTC−4
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for the advice I've given it a try and its sorted my problem.

Thanks,

John
Hi Ivar, Thanks for the advice I've given it a try and its sorted my problem. Thanks, John

Posted: 10 years ago 8 oct. 2014, 09:48 UTC−4
Hi,
Ivar
I have connected Comsol and Matlab successfully.
I am simulating a two-dimensional photonic crystal.I can not plot the Bandgap in Comsol.So i research some information on internet,I decide to save the Comsol mph-file to Matlab m-file, but i don not know how to run the m-file, i run it in Matlab with some wrong :

??? Java exception occurred:
Exception:
com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException: Errors during multiphysics
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)

Errors during multiphysics

Errors during multiphysics.

Failed to find destination boundaries or destination selection empty.
- Feature: Periodic Condition 1 (pc1)

Could you help me?Thank you very much!Looking forward your perfect answer!
Hi, Ivar I have connected Comsol and Matlab successfully. I am simulating a two-dimensional photonic crystal.I can not plot the Bandgap in Comsol.So i research some information on internet,I decide to save the Comsol mph-file to Matlab m-file, but i don not know how to run the m-file, i run it in Matlab with some wrong : ??? Java exception occurred: Exception: com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException: Errors during multiphysics (rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException) (rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException) Messages: Errors during multiphysics Errors during multiphysics Errors during multiphysics. Failed to find destination boundaries or destination selection empty. - Feature: Periodic Condition 1 (pc1) Could you help me?Thank you very much!Looking forward your perfect answer!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.