Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error message in setting up contact problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have tried to set up a contact problem for 2 different solid objects. When I tried to solve the problem, the following message will show up:

"Error: 7220
All variables solved for must be treated in at least one segregated solver step."

Can anyone advise me on how to tackle this error? Is there something I must do before doing a contact problem.

Thank you for your help!

John

1 Reply Last Post 17 août 2009, 12:20 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 août 2009, 12:20 UTC−4
I am also working on the contact recently. There is a very good model in the library, you can start from it.
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/1431/

Basically, you need to create a contact pair first, then try to play with the initial pressure and penalty factor.
I am also working on the contact recently. There is a very good model in the library, you can start from it. http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/1431/ Basically, you need to create a contact pair first, then try to play with the initial pressure and penalty factor.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.