Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Introductory tutorial to the RF Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to calculate the eigenfrequency of a coil. I followed the introductory tutorial to the RF Module and found a frequency of about 9.8e6.

But, for COMSOL to be able to calculate this frequency I had to tell it to search for eigenfrequencies around: 1e7. If I tell it to search around, let say 1e6 I get this " the relative residual is greater than the relative tolerance" error or the "The relative error is greater than the relative tolerance" error. Is 1e6 really to far from 9.8e6?

My question is, what do I do if don't have a very precise idea of the eigenfrequency value? Is there a way I would not have to guess to much?

best regards,

A R

0 Replies Last Post 6 mai 2010, 13:19 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello A R

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.