Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integration multi-domain 1D-3D for multivariable-function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I try since two weeks to integrate a multivariable functions on a multi-domain.

I have to integrate the function f(x,y,z,t,x_0,y_0,z_0) = exp(sqrt((x-x_0)^2+(y-y_0)^2+(z-z_0)^2))*t) for t = [0 , 10] (time-integration 1D) and for (x,y,z) on a surface defined by a geometry (surface-integration 3D-the surface of a cube for example). The final result is the function g(x_0 , y_0 , z_0) with x_0 , y_0 and z_0 are spatial variables.

Unfortunateny, the method using integration coupling variable and extrusion coupling variable (and coupling a 1D geometry for the integration domain of t and 3D geometry for the surface integration of (x,y,z)) do not give good results...
Really, I don't know how COMSOL can solve such a problem. The COMSOL book is very useful but does not mention this problem completely.

Have you already achieve such a problem with COMSOL ?

Thank you for your help.

Sébastien

0 Replies Last Post 6 juil. 2010, 05:27 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Antoine Martinez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.