Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Linear Solver Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

While running a transient model, I am getting following error:

Error:
Time 0.009999999999999999:
Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity.
Last time step is not converged.

From the plots, it looks like transient forces have settled down (i.e reached steady state) then the problem is occuring and solver is not processing any more . It stops right there.

Could anyone help me in this?

Thanks,
S. Paul

1 Reply Last Post 28 août 2010, 05:27 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 août 2010, 05:27 UTC−4
Hi

transient is always tricky ;)
I can only suggeest what I do when I get such errors:
- to check my initial consitions, are these "far away" or have I put starting values close to the expected ones ?
- and are my time dependent functions (if I have any) smooth and compliant with the stime stepping and tolerances I have in the solver

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi transient is always tricky ;) I can only suggeest what I do when I get such errors: - to check my initial consitions, are these "far away" or have I put starting values close to the expected ones ? - and are my time dependent functions (if I have any) smooth and compliant with the stime stepping and tolerances I have in the solver -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.