Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error with libguide40.dll

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone

I building and running Comsol through Matlab and I'm receiving the following error

OMP: Error #15: Initializing libiomp5md.lib, but found libguide40.lib already initialized.

The solution suggested from intel is:

"Please remove one of them and keep only one OpenMP runtime library.

We recommend using and distributing libiomp5md.dll (located in the \bin directory), as libguide40 will be obsolete.

For the third-party library or custom dll which have used the libguide40.dll from pervious MKL version, in order to avoid such kind of issue, we strongly recommend rebuild your library with libiomp5md.dll."

(software.intel.com/en-us/articles/omp-error-15-initializing-libguide40dll-but-found-libiomp5mddll-already-initialized/)

Although this problem seems that has nothing to do with comsol, I found that the "obsolete" dll is located in the folder c:\COMSOL35a\lib\win64.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thank you

2 Replies Last Post 31 août 2010, 19:40 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 août 2010, 20:17 UTC−4
I would like to add some info about the problem that I just found out

In my program I'm using Comsol commands such as poly2 etc... to build my model and alot of Matlab commands.
It seems that poly2 initialize the libguide40.dll. Later on I have to use the following matlab commands
F = TriScatteredInterp(xx,zz,ff); and D=F(X,Z); to perform some data interpolation and I receive the error "Initializing libiomp5md.lib, but found libguide40.lib already initialized."
If i change the flow of commands and execute first the interpolation then I receive the opposite error when I'm building the polygon domain with poly2, "Initializing libguide40.lib , but found already libiomp5md.lib initialized". Apparently the interpolation method D=F(X,Z); requires the new dll. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

thank you
I would like to add some info about the problem that I just found out In my program I'm using Comsol commands such as poly2 etc... to build my model and alot of Matlab commands. It seems that poly2 initialize the libguide40.dll. Later on I have to use the following matlab commands F = TriScatteredInterp(xx,zz,ff); and D=F(X,Z); to perform some data interpolation and I receive the error "Initializing libiomp5md.lib, but found libguide40.lib already initialized." If i change the flow of commands and execute first the interpolation then I receive the opposite error when I'm building the polygon domain with poly2, "Initializing libguide40.lib , but found already libiomp5md.lib initialized". Apparently the interpolation method D=F(X,Z); requires the new dll. Is there any way to overcome this problem? thank you

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 août 2010, 19:40 UTC−4
Problem solved!!

All I had to do is to install the patch

www.comsol.com/support/updates/comsol35a3/
Problem solved!! All I had to do is to install the patch http://www.comsol.com/support/updates/comsol35a3/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.