Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

simulation of a solenoid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to simulate a solenoid (attached), is composed of a magnetic coil, when turn on causes the displacement of the shaft. Is there a model-like that I could use as an example?

1 Reply Last Post 11 oct. 2010, 07:07 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 oct. 2010, 07:07 UTC−4
Hi
try looking at p. 137 in ACDC user guide. (filename acdc_ug.pdf)
You have to specify a current density on the face of the cross section of the coil.
Just draw the coil as a box and specify the current density as plus and minus.
that should do the trick :)
if you are using ver. 3.5 I think there are some examples of how to do coils in the tutorials.
BR
Kim Folmer Andersen
Hi try looking at p. 137 in ACDC user guide. (filename acdc_ug.pdf) You have to specify a current density on the face of the cross section of the coil. Just draw the coil as a box and specify the current density as plus and minus. that should do the trick :) if you are using ver. 3.5 I think there are some examples of how to do coils in the tutorials. BR Kim Folmer Andersen

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.