Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Structural Modeling Documentation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

This is a silly question, but I've had no luck on my own. I'm trying to get started on mechanical modeling in COMSOL, but I've found no documentation or even books that cover mechanics. Are the good resources?

I have also seen many references to a file called 'smeug.pdf', but I have had no luck finding this in my lab's installation of Comsol (3.5) nor anywhere on the internet. Am I missing a cache of useful help documents?

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 27 oct. 2010, 08:29 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 oct. 2010, 08:29 UTC−4
Hello,

smeug.pdf is the name of the pdf file containing the User's Guide for the Structural Mechanics Module. If your license includes that product, you can access that document (and every other manual) through the Help>Helpdesk menu.

Jeff
Hello, smeug.pdf is the name of the pdf file containing the User's Guide for the Structural Mechanics Module. If your license includes that product, you can access that document (and every other manual) through the Help>Helpdesk menu. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.