Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stress distribution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to generate diagrams of the stress distribution in the cross section? I am working with a 3D model in the Structural mechanics module.

Kind regards,

Jovana.

4 Replies Last Post 23 févr. 2018, 07:47 UTC−5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 15 févr. 2018, 07:49 UTC−5

Hi Jovana,

Can you please specify what type of diagram you are looking for? It may be the Stress Linearization feature you need, or just a Slice Plot in a 3D plot group.

Do you need stress components in a cross section local system?

Regards,

Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi Jovana, Can you please specify what type of diagram you are looking for? It may be the Stress Linearization feature you need, or just a Slice Plot in a 3D plot group. Do you need stress components in a cross section local system? Regards, Henrik

Posted: 6 years ago 16 févr. 2018, 13:53 UTC−5

Hi Henrik,

I attached a photo where you can see the type of plots/diagram that I would like to generate.

Thanks in advance,

Jovana

Hi Henrik, I attached a photo where you can see the type of plots/diagram that I would like to generate. Thanks in advance, Jovana

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 19 févr. 2018, 02:32 UTC−5

Hi Jovana,

It seems like you want a Arrow Surface plot of the traction vector, (solid.Tax, solid.Tay, solid.Taz).

Regards,

Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi Jovana, It seems like you want a Arrow Surface plot of the traction vector, (solid.Tax, solid.Tay, solid.Taz). Regards, Henrik

Posted: 6 years ago 23 févr. 2018, 07:47 UTC−5

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Jovana

Hi Henrik, Thank you for your help. Regards, Jovana

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.