Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL slice plot inappropriately truncated

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I am modelling the B fields generated by a set of coils around a vacuum chamber. The chamber is currently represented as a hollow sphere. The chamber is smaller than the coils surrounding it.

After I computer my result, I would like to use slice plots. However, the slice plot is only generated inside the chamber, not the entire volume of the study I have defined.

In the attached photo, you can see 3 slices are plotted, but these slices are constrained to be inside the vacuum chamber I have defined. I want them to extend well past this into the region with the coils. I defined a much larger enclosing sphere of air which has the coils and chamber inside it. Why won't the slices fill this larger area? How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 12 juil. 2018, 00:13 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello SC

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.