Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling between optical fiber 3D-postprocessing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

Hi All,

I have build fiber coupler in 3D. And I used Port 1, 2, 3 and 4 as it is described in directional coupler tutorial. In results, under the 3D plots section, by using slice I plot the normE that is coupling from one to another. And in this system I would like to calculate coupling length or coupling coefficient between these two fibers. I used Cut line along the fiber (I used z direction for the fiber length) to plot E profile and find the Lc (coupling length from sindusoidal plot) but it did not seem an effective way to calculate it.

Does anybody know how to Plot Power ratio between these two fiber vs length(z)? I created cut plane under data set but these cut plane covers both fiber at the same time.

Is there any way to create cut planes separately for each fiber at different z and caculate the power on each cut plane by surface integrating power flow, time average, z direction? I tried surface integration in derived values, but couldnt use the value I obtained from cut plane in data set.

Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot. Elif

0 Replies Last Post 10 oct. 2018, 21:47 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Elif Demirbas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.