Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exporting actual values of "Effective mode index" in parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am simulating a simple structure for different dimensions by “Mode Analysis” to study the effects of changes in the dimensions on the e-field and other expressions. When I try to evaluate e-field or any other expression (by surface integral) the results are based on: * Lambda by using “Data only” – That I don’t need * Effective mode index by using “Outer solutions” (attached image) As it is shown in the image, in “Effective mode index” column only the mode number will be exported not the actual value and for exporting the actual values of the “Effective mode index” I need to the parametric solution section and choose any solution separately that will be so time consuming for the high number of solutions. Can anyone please help me for the followings: 1. Is there any way that I can export the actual Effective mode index with the e-field (or any other expression)? 2. What are outer solutions, inner solutions and data only?

Thanks in advance for your hep and time.

0 Replies Last Post 6 juil. 2019, 09:45 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Farhad Day

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.