Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

switch boundary conditions in a model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, dear users. I have a problem with Switching the boundary conditions. There is a chamber with two inlets and one outlet, and I want to simulate a single-phase time-dependent fluid in the chamber. In a time interval (0,t1), fluid enters the chamber through inlet one, and in (t1,t2) fluid enters through inlet 2. how can I switch the inlets in the transient solution. I have attached a schematic photo. Thank you

2 Replies Last Post 11 avr. 2020, 13:14 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 11 avr. 2020, 12:48 UTC−4

Well, you should be able to specify time-dependent functions as user-defined boundary conditions in your time-dependent problem. For example, define the functions of time you need under Component --> definitions --> functions and then enter those functions where you would specify your inlet BCs. Have you already tried that?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Well, you should be able to specify time-dependent functions as user-defined boundary conditions in your time-dependent problem. For example, define the functions of time you need under Component --> definitions --> functions and then enter those functions where you would specify your inlet BCs. Have you already tried that?

Posted: 4 years ago 11 avr. 2020, 13:14 UTC−4

thank you for your help, I'll try it.

>Well, you should be able to specify time-dependent functions as user-defined boundary conditions in your time-dependent problem. For example, define the functions of time you need under Component --> definitions --> functions and then enter those functions where you would specify your inlet BCs. Have you already tried that? thank you for your help, I'll try it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.