Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

flow rate vs surface tension

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello i have a drip tube with water dripping and when i increase the flow rate or frequency of drips they get bigger/more massive. i see the equation mass x gravity = 3.14(tube diameter)(surface tension) my mass is changing but not gravity, 3.14 or tube diameter so surface tension must be related to flow rate but I cant find anything online on how to figure this out. conversely I have a known flow rate and mass and want to determine tube diameter but unsure how to get it as it appears surface tension must be related to flow rate but I dont know how

0 Replies Last Post 22 oct. 2020, 19:08 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chris Willis

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.