Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Packed Bed Generator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to create a packed bed where the bed is randomly generated. I am using as a base this code: www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-create-a-randomized-geometry-using-model-methods/

I have removed lines 27-29, because I want the spheres to be a solid inside the cylinder. The problem I have is that I am unable to avoid the overlap between the spheres.

Does anyone know what should I add to the code to fix this?

Thanks a lot

4 Replies Last Post 14 janv. 2021, 08:22 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 12 janv. 2021, 17:06 UTC−5

Hello Pablo,

One of the comments in the blog post you mention points to a tool that claims to do what you want.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Pablo, One of the comments in the blog post you mention points to a tool that claims to do what you want. Best, Jeff

Posted: 3 years ago 13 janv. 2021, 03:20 UTC−5

Hello Pablo,

One of the comments in the blog post you mention points to a tool that claims to do what you want.

Best,

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for reply.

If I understood correctly, using the open source code shared by H. Richter in Java, I could create the desired structure and import it into Comsol.

I'm new working with these types of structures and I'm a bit lost...

Thanks for your time.

Pablo

>Hello Pablo, > >One of the comments in the blog post you mention points to a tool that claims to do what you want. > >Best, > >Jeff Hello Jeff, Thanks for reply. If I understood correctly, using the open source code shared by H. Richter in Java, I could create the desired structure and import it into Comsol. I'm new working with these types of structures and I'm a bit lost... Thanks for your time. Pablo

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 13 janv. 2021, 08:40 UTC−5

That is my understanding as well. We have not tested that third party's code.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
That is my understanding as well. We have not tested that third party's code. Best, Jeff

Posted: 3 years ago 14 janv. 2021, 08:22 UTC−5

That is my understanding as well. We have not tested that third party's code.

Best,

Jeff

Hi again,

I solved my problem with the external code shared in comments.

Thanks a lot!

Pablo

>That is my understanding as well. We have not tested that third party's code. > >Best, > >Jeff Hi again, I solved my problem with the external code shared in comments. Thanks a lot! Pablo

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.