Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to couple Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer in Fluids?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am doing simulation on a type of problem that there is a constant heat source on the particles and subsequently the heat convection between particles and the fluid gradually increases the fluid temperature. In particle tracing module, I enabled "compute particle temperature". Also, I added "heat source" node and "convection heat losses" in particle tracing physic. However, the heat convection has no impact on the fluid temperture and supposedly, COMSOL neglects the thermal impacts of particle tracing on the fluid temperature distribution. I appreciate it if anybody could help me to couple "Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow" and "Heat Transfer in Fluids". If there is any further information required please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Erko

1 Reply Last Post 23 févr. 2021, 16:00 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 23 févr. 2021, 16:00 UTC−5

I just figured it out by my own. Instead of Heat Transfer, I picked PDE physics and modified it to account for the heat sources on the particles. Also to couple particle tracing and PDE, I used a module called Accumulator to transfer information of the amount of heat sources generated by the particles inside a specific mesh element. If anyone requires more information, I would be happy to go through more details.

Erko

I just figured it out by my own. Instead of Heat Transfer, I picked PDE physics and modified it to account for the heat sources on the particles. Also to couple particle tracing and PDE, I used a module called Accumulator to transfer information of the amount of heat sources generated by the particles inside a specific mesh element. If anyone requires more information, I would be happy to go through more details. Erko

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.